Friday, April 5, 2013

Trust Fall by Grace Barbettini



Yup. We all have some of those days. Those days where you just feel... off. Where you can't quite get everything done, you don't feel like you have much control of anything, and your head seems to be spinning in a million directions. Recently, I've been struggling with giving everything up to God, because I don't feel like anything happens when I do. But every time I say "okay God, this one's yours." I feel so much more relieved. Now, obviously it's much easier said than done, and like I mentioned previously, I've definitely been struggling with it. And now you're probably wondering, "hey, that's cool and all..but I still don't understand why I'm staring at a photo of a whale." Well, that's because it reminded me of how we need to trust in God in everything that we do, just like how you trust your friend during those highly frightening "trust falls" that you play as a kid.That, and the illustration made me laugh really hard.

So next time you're stressing out about something, take a moment and pause. Ask for God to help you, and then take a deep breath and give it all up to the big guy. Whenever I mentally hand over a tough situation, and tell Him it's in His hands, I don't feel like I need to worry anymore, because He's in control now. He wants us so badly to give all of our problems to Him, yet for some reason we hold on so tightly to them despite how little it actually helps us.

One verse that never fails to help me is 1 Peter 5:7 - "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

So, go ahead.

Trust.

Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment