Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mish-Mash & Various Ramblings by Grace Barbettini

     Ready for a lovely blog post full of random ramblings? Well, even if you aren't, better try and prepare. Why, you say? Because that is exactly what this post is going to be about. Ramblings. Unimportant nonsensical facts. Mish-Mash.
   
     Today, I am sunburned from helping out at the FEAST Middle School track meet. I thought to myself, "Hey, it's not that hot out, and there are tons of clouds! Who needs sunscreen?" Welp. I did. And now guess who looks like a tomato. Oh well... next time, I won't let those clouds fool me. Want to know something interesting? Apparently the history of the invention of sunblock is controversial. There are believed to be four inventors who may have invented it. Who knew? The names of the alleged inventors are Franz Greiter, Benjamin Green, HA Milton Blake, and Eugene Schueller.  The dates vary from early to late 1930's, and beginning 1940's. However, Coppertone developed the first UVA/UVB sunscreen in 1980. Whoaz.

    Changing subject a bit, here. Where would you go if you could go ANYPLACE in the whole entire world? But don't say the world...that doesn't quite count. I think it would be pretty cool to go to Egypt and see the pyramids, among other magnificent sights that it holds. I mean, it's basically the oldest civilization in the entire world. I can't imagine walking around in such ancient cities, knowing how many millions of people have walked those same streets, how many stories have been unfolded, lived out, and how many iconic figures have owned homes so long ago in that same area that you may be standing. Things like that, I can't even start to comprehend. It is simply mind boggling. But a good kind of boggling. Like if you think about time really hard, and the idea of immortality. It's hard to fathom. That's how I feel when I start to think about all of the people before me who may have stood where I stood. It's another thing altogether if I know that they stood there. So cool. Anyways, that's my little schpeeel about one of the places I personally think would be awesome to see.
  
     Hmm...this post looks like it needs some cats in it. Cats are always a good choice. As I'm sitting here writing this bit of pointlessness, my kitty-cat Friskie is on the bed next to me, giving herself a nice little cleaning. What a life, right? It must be great to just sleep and eat and sleep and eat...and wake up your owner in the middle of the night to come open the window. Man, I can't imagine having TONS of cats though. I mean, I guess it wouldn't be thaaaat bad. It may be kind of fun! But what if you ended up growing up and becoming the "cat lady"? I wonder if they have a phobia for that. It's probably called "catalliadofia" or something of the sort. As much as I've always wanted to have a dog, cats are great. They're pretty low maintenance, actually. And they're fluffy. Who doesn't want a walking fluffball? Seriously, people. Too cute.

      I was in our kitchen the other day and BAM! All of a sudden there are tons of gnats. Bleck. Like, where do they even come from? Are they just outside of our house, waiting until we buy fruit? They're probably just buzzin' through life and all of a sudden...they get a giant whiff of banana. I can see them turning into drones; "Must get inside. Must get banana. Must...Must...EAT." I feel like they just appear in mid-air. I just don't understand how they get where they are. Maybe they're secretly aliens. Yup. I like that theory better. Maybe I won't be as grossed out if I think of them that way? You know, foreigners or something. Always makes it more interesting.

     This is getting long...which is what I need it to be, but it's pretty absurd. In the words of Dr. Seuss though, I can defend myself;
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities."


     Well, to end this ridiculous post that I hope was at least a tad bit entertaining, I'm going to say three words: Peanut. Butter. Fluff. The combination of these two things is simply wondrous. If you haven't tried that on a sandwich, you are simply missing out on life. Please do yourself a favor and drive like a crazy person to your local grocery store and acquire these two simple yet incredible items and make the best tasting sandwich that you will ever put into your mouth.


Happy Almost Sunday!


1 comment:

  1. Which of the two should I go get? Peanut and Butter? Peanut and Fluff? Butter and Fluff? I'm so confused.

    At least there were the cats. I'd be lost without the cats.

    ReplyDelete