Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bella Swan is Mentally Insane

I am part of the unfortunate many that have read all of the Twilight books. Every single one of them is a horrid example of literature at its very worst. I cannot think of something more disgustingly written, nor dare I try. Even though I am repulsed by the fact that I absorbed every last word of the treacherous series, I do not regret it. I am one of the lucky few whose hatred of the series is legitimately justified. No one can accuse me of judging a book by it’s cover, and that’s the way I like it.


Although many things about the book disturbed me, there was one thing in particular that struck me as frightening. Yes, Bella Swan is the anti-feminist. Her desire to be adored is pathetic, and the comatose state she was left in, upon her breakup with Edward, was completely appalling. However, that’s not what concerns me most about Bella.
Bella Swan seems to be mentally insane. Don’t believe me? Here are some quotes from the 6 books that I believe, prove my point quote nicely. (Get it? It’s a... pun... quite nicely... no? Okay.)

“I tried to be diplomatic. But mostly, I just lied a lot.”

“I don’t like to lie. So there better be a good reason why I’m doing it.”

Alright, this one is simple. She’s a pathological liar. He desire to be truthful and friendly is matched only by her lack of ability to do so. This is entirely unhealthy, on its own. Let alone, coupled with all the other things I’m about to show you.

“I couldn’t allow him to that this level of influence over me. It was pathetic. More than pathetic, it was unhealthy.”

We all know Bella has Histrionic Personality Disorder. Her inability to cope without her dear Edward is frightening. But here she is acknowledging how unhealthy it is! This borders on the sociopathic, my friends.

“Non-reality was black, and it didn’t hurt so much. Reality was red, and it felt like I was being sawed in half, hit by a bus, punched by a prize fighter, trampled by bulls, and submerged in acid, all at the same time. Reality was feeling my body twist and flip when I couldn’t possibly move because of the pain. Reality was knowing there was something so much more important than all this torture, and not being able to remember what it was.”

.... I don’t even know what to say about this one... She’s definitely loony.

“I do a good job of blocking painful, unnecessary things from my memory.”

It is a widely accepted fact across the psychological community that painful things ARE necessary. The repression of hurtful memories leads to unspeakably horrific side effects, including schizophrenia (which might explain the previous quote), bipolar tendencies, and thoughts of suicide. This is not a helpful attitude. It’s not a healthy attitude.

And now, the cream of the crop:

(Bella, upon hearing for the first time that Vampires kill and eat people...)
“(That doesn’t repulse me) It sounds reasonable.)”

“I should be afraid – I knew I could be, but I couldn’t feel the right kind of fear.”

This is so beyond insane and unwise. In fact, this might actually be proof that Bella is a sociopath. Her lack of emotion has come to a point where she isn’t perturbed by or scared of the fact that her friends eat human beings.
I have nothing else to say. Is further proof really necessary?

6 comments:

  1. Is it too much to ask for some pictures up in here?

    Oh, that's not relevant? Good show, ol' boy. Quite agree with you there. Keep up the phenomenal blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares lol, its just a book character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it (the article, not the fact that Bella's insane). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Bella swan. I have much of the same traits myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you here! I always knew she was dingbat insane, but I really had no factual evidence from the books to prove my point. You, author, are a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete