Thursday, April 4, 2013

God's Masterpiece: Spoken Word by Mikayla Halsell

       Is it hard for you to accept the fact that God is here just for you? Is it difficult for you to fathom that the God of the universe calls each and every one of His children His masterpiece? And that He sees us as holy and clean? I don't know about you, but its crazy hard for me to wrap my mind around that fact that we ARE holy and that we ARE beautiful in God's sight. Because when I examine who I really am on the inside, the part that no one but God and myself can see, I see someone who screws up all the time and sins constantly. And it makes me think that I am just so unworthy and filthy, and am, by no mean, holy. But as a child of God, those things aren't true. Yes, I still screw up and sin, but because of the blood that was shed on the cross by Jesus Christ, I have been washed clean and have been purified by His blood. And now He sees me through the filter of His Son and I'm no longer a filthy sinner in His eyes, but holy and perfect....His masterpiece. That doesn't mean I wont sin, because I most definitely will. But it means that I'm no longer bound by my sin. My identity is in Christ alone and I am defined as His precious child that He treasures above all creation.
       Thats a crazy concept to wrap your mind around, but it's true. It comes straight from His Word. So if you ever have trouble seeing yourself the way God does (which is very often for me), read what His Word says and hold on to the promises in the Bible, which are completely true and God-breathed.
       
       My friend and I made this video in hopes that we could get that message across to anyone who watches it. God gave me every word I wrote, so I cannot take any credit for the writing because I truly believe God gave me those words. He was speaking to me like crazy throughout the whole thing and taught me so much. The artistry credit goes to the one and only Jackie Klier who is amazing and came up with the design herself.

       I hope you enjoy the video and that God speaks to you as much as He spoke to me.

Psalm 139
Ephesians 2:4-10
Isaiah 43:4a
1 John 1:7-9


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTfPeCGNtt8





No comments:

Post a Comment