We all know that school is important (and mandatory) and we should listen in class to our teachers (even if they're lecturing for a long time) because regardless of what Hollywood might tell you, you can only be successful if you have a very good education (unless you end up actually going to Hollywood) and continue on to college (despite the fact that most college graduates are having a very difficult time getting jobs).
But even so, sometimes class can be boring and you zone out and end up staring at a wall. Well, instead of wasting your time, why not actually do something productive? Here are 10 things that you can do to help pass the time in class that are more interesting than watching the minute hand tick ever-so-slowly away.
*Disclaimer* I really do think that you should pay attention in class and not zone out and do random stuff.
1. Draw in your notebook
3. Make a list of your top 10 favorite things (bands, movies, songs, etc.)
4. Write down you favorite quotes
5. Stare at someone near to you until they notice and look away. You'd be surprised at how entertaining this can be
6. For the last 20 minutes of class, think of a song every minute and play it in your head for that minute. When that minute is over, pick another song and so on.
7. Create your own pick-up lines and test them out later
8. Think of nicknames for everyone in the class
9. Write lyrics of a song on your notebook paper
10. Make a sundial
11. Give yourself a new identity
12. Pick an action that someone does often (tucking hair behind their ear, sniffing, scratching their head, say something stupid, etc.) and put a tally mark on your paper every time they do it
13. Yawn a couple times and see how many people yawn too
14. Play MASH in your notebook with yourself
15. Fold origami
But in all honesty, you should pay attention in class. Take notes, pass your tests, and graduate high school.