Sunday, February 8, 2015

Before You Post That Selfie by Christina Barron

Happy [insert selfie] Sunday!#SS #ChurchWasGreat #ootd #HashTagGameOnPoint #YouGetThePicture #NoPunIntended #CheesyBlogIntro 

If you happen to follow me on social media, you know that I myself am an occasional "selfie"*  poster, as is the majority of the teenage population. I don't have anything against selfies. I honestly think they can be a lot of fun and are a great way to promote [classy] creativity  and confidence, when taken and shared in moderation. 

However, the quote* below really sparks some deep thought that usually isn't a part of everybody's "everyday" selfie game. But it should be, especially for those of us who call ourselves Christians!  


Really makes you think, doesn't it? 

Physical attractiveness is merely skin deep, but the Lord looks at the heart. So next time you decide to post a selfie, I encourage you to remember that quote. Afterall, would you really want to share a picture of yourself with the world that is not a reflection of an genuinely attractive soul underneath? 





*I am so sorry but I have been unable to locate the original source of the quote.  


No comments:

Post a Comment