Monday, March 6, 2017

Writer's Block

By Allyson Reyna


I will be honest, as I am writing this I have no idea what this will turn out to be. I am simply writing whatever comes to mind. Dependent on whether or not I delete what I am currently writing, this may or may not be posted. I do not really know though. For some apparent reason, whenever I am thinking of writing articles for the blog, I have writer’s block. You see, I am a much better fiction writer than non-fiction. When I am writing for said paper or blog than my article should be appealing to said specific audience. However, when I write for myself or for fiction, I am able to write in the compelling way in which I enjoy. This is not from fear of being judged for my writing but more-or-so me being compliant with the general audience on whatever will be published or posted. I decided to try and get out of writer’s block by going to the “trusted” internet and typed into Google, how to get out of writer’s block.

*** Something that is stated in the blog post I linked is this, “You do not overcome writer’s block by reading articles on how to overcome writer’s block.” Well said, well said.

If you are interested in reading the article I found, click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment