Here are some things you may not know about the thing that is essentially the puppet master of the human race. Below I have listed 25 facts about computers. I have gathered these facts from a number of sources and I think they're quite interesting. Not all of these facts are directly related to computers however. Some of them are related to the Internet in general and some of them are statistics related to the use of it.
1. The world's first computer weighed 27 tons and took up 1800 square feet. It was called ENIAC, which stands for: Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer.
2. Only eight percent of the world's currency is physical money. The rest is stored on computers.
3. There are more than 5,000 computer viruses released each month.
4. If there was a computer as powerful as the human brain, it would be able to perform 38 trillion operations per second and would contain 3,580 terabytes of memory.
5. The password for the computer the government used to launch nuclear missiles was 00000000 for over eight years. (That's why you can't trust the government with anything. If that's how they treat their nuclear codes, imagine how they treat your money.)
6. The companies HP, Microsoft, and Apple all started in garages.
7. The average human blinks about twenty times a minute, but when using a computer only blinks about seven times a minute. It's because the government is using computers to turn human beings into an army of semi sentient zombies that they will control using the influence of the media. You're welcome.
8. The first 1GB hard drive disk was announced in 1980, weighed 550 pounds, and cost $40,000.
9. Bill Gates was a college dropout.
10. As of 2012, 17 billion devices are connected to the Internet.
10. One out of every eight married couples met online.
11. Doug Englebart made the first computer mouse in 1964, and it was made out of wood. It was called "The XY position indicator for a display system."
12. Every minute, 10 hours of YouTube videos are uploaded.
13. Approximately 1,319,872,109 people use the internet.
14. Of the 247 billion emails sent every day, 81 percent are pure spam.
15. Russians made a computer that can run on water in 1936. It was capable of solving complex math equations.
16. A 15 year old once hacked NASA's computer systems, forcing them into a three week shutdown while they tracked the hacker. During this time, he also hacked the computer systems in the Pentagon.
17. Smartphones today are exponentially more powerful than the computer that put man on the moon.
18. Computer viruses are called computer bugs because a Harvard Mark II Supercomputer was unable to function when a moth got stuck in its inner workings in 1942.
19. Email has been around longer than the Internet. Email has been around since the 70s, and Internet since the 90s.
20. The first computer was built in 1935 and it was called the Z1. However, it never released to the general public.
21. The first electromechanical computer was built in 1939 and was called the Z2.
22. Organized crime syndicates are responsible for approximately 20 percent of computer viruses.
23. The first hard drive was created in 1979 and could only hold 5MB of data.
24. Bill Gates designed his house using a Macintosh computer.
25. While it took radio 38 years and television 13 years, it took computers only four years to reach 50,000,000 users.
So there you have it. Considering some of the facts above, it's amazing that we humans would rather look at cat memes than utilize the things computers are capable of. But don't you worry about that. The government will take care of the important things computers can do. They're armed to the teeth and when the time comes, they can type in a single digit password and annihilate Russia. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but until then, you can rest easy in the fact that the media fabricates everything you thought you ever knew and that you are a mere pawn in their sadistic game used to sell Hondas. Thanks for reading.